2.1 honours degree (or equivalent) in psychology recognised by the British Psychological Society as forming the basis for graduate registration with the Society. Applicants must also be acceptable to the NHS as clinical psychologists in an employed or honorary capacity
Months of entry
This programme provides a broad-based education and training, designed and taught by core programme staff and NHS specialists, covering all of the major approaches to clinical psychology.
The aim of the programme is to educate and train clinical psychologists for work in NHS and related settings, in accordance with the Health and Care Professions Council's requirements for registration as practitioner psychologists, and the British Psychological Society’s Committee on Training in Clinical Psychology requirements for becoming a chartered psychologist. This aim is achieved through an academic curriculum of three core modules (one in each of the three years of the programme); two research projects and six six-month clinical placements.
Why Choose Us
In the most recent BPS accreditation report, UEL's ClinPsyD Clinical Psychology programme was commended for:
- the high regard in which the programme is held by all of its stakeholders
- the ethos and critical stance of the programme, and trainees’ readiness to think critically and work in a variety of ways for the benefit of clients and services
- the considered approach taken to exploring potential synergies between the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and the other Professional Doctorates in psychology offered by the School
- the robust procedures for monitoring trainees’ clinical skills and experience
- the cohesiveness and commitment of the psychology and administrative staff team
- the exposure to a range of interesting and original ways of working offered by the programme
- the programme’s approach to widening access and valuing diversity
- the strength of the programme’s personal and professional development strand.
Information for international students
The programme is currently only available to home students
Qualification and course duration
DProf by taught
Course contact details
- Applicant Enquiries
- +44 (0) 208 223 3333
- +44 (0) 208 223 2978