A primary dental qualification (such as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery), or its international equivalent, plus a minimum of two years' postgraduate experience.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
All successful applicants will be required to join Disclosure Scotland's Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme before starting the programme. In addition, all applicants who don't live in the UK, or who have spent more than a year abroad, will need to provide equivalent verification from the relevant national authority.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
This degree is approved as part of the training programme in paediatric dentistry by the Specialist Advisory Committee in Paediatric Dentistry, for those in possession of a training number awarded by the Postgraduate Dental Dean for Scotland.
Our programme will develop your knowledge and skills in all areas of paediatric dentistry, including diagnosis, treatment planning, clinical skills and all aspects of patient management.
You will also complete a supervised piece of research and learn research methodology, data analysis and the ability to report results appropriately.
Your syllabus will include:
- Clinical Skills Course
- Examination of the Child and Adolescent
- The Management of Anxious Children and Adolescents
- Dental Caries and Periodontal Disease in the Child and Adolescent
- Restorative Management of the Primary Dentition
- Examination, Diagnosis and Management of Dento-alveolar Trauma
- Advanced Restorative Dentistry for Children and Adolescents
- Management of Medically, Physically and Intellectually Compromised Patients
- Paediatric Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology
- Basic Principles of Orthodontics
- Comprehensive Treatment Planning for the Child and Adolescent
- Research methods, basic statistics, critical appraisal, clinical governance and clinical audit
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international student at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://wwww.ad.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Antoniella Busuttil-Naudi (Programme Director)
- +44 (0) 131 536 3979