A primary dental qualification (such as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery), or its international equivalent, plus a minimum of two years' postgraduate experience.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
All successful applicants will be required to join Disclosure Scotland's Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme before starting the programme. In addition, all applicants who don't live in the UK, or who have spent more than a year abroad, will need to provide equivalent verification from the relevant national authority.
Months of entry
The MClinDent degree is recognised by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh as being two of the three years of specialist training you require if you wish to sit the Membership in Prosthodontics (the UK specialist qualification in the discipline).
The Specialist Advisory Committee in Restorative Dentistry also approves this programme as part of the training programme in Prosthodontics, if you have a training number awarded by the Postgraduate Dental Dean for Scotland.
The programme addresses five components:
- the scientific basis of prosthodontic care
- the relationship of other dental disciplines to prosthodontic care
- diagnosis and treatment planning for patients with advanced prosthodontics problems
- the clinical treatment of patients with advanced prosthodontic problems
- clinical treatment involving combined prosthodontic and other dental therapy
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Visit Scholarships and Student Funding Services at: http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Krish Bhatia (Programme Director)
- +44 (0) 131 536 3979