A Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree, or the equivalent primary dental qualification, plus a minimum of two years’ postgraduate experience is required. Supporting documentation must be uploaded together with your application. You should have all this documentation ready before you start the process. If you do not upload these documents, this will delay the application process.
Months of entry
The MClinDent degree is recognised by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh as being two of the three years of specialist training you require if you wish to sit the Membership in Prosthodontics (the UK specialist qualification in the discipline).
The Specialist Advisory Committee in Restorative Dentistry also approves this programme as part of the training programme in Prosthodontics, if you have a training number awarded by the Postgraduate Dental Dean for Scotland.
The programme addresses five components:
- the scientific basis of prosthodontic care
- the relationship of other dental disciplines to prosthodontic care
- diagnosis and treatment planning for patients with advanced prosthodontics problems
- the clinical treatment of patients with advanced prosthodontic problems
- clinical treatment involving combined prosthodontic and other dental therapy
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Krish Bhatia (Programme Director)
- +44 (0) 131 536 3979