All applicants must meet our general entry and language requirements.
Months of entry
Members of staff engage in research at an international level in:
- Composition (including Electroacoustic Composition, Algorithmic Composition, and Computer Music);
- Film Music;
- Music in the Community;
- Music Psychology;
- Music Technology;
- Performance Practice;
- Renaissance and Baroque Music;
- 19th and 20th century Music;
- Popular Music and Music Sociology.
Interdisciplinary research can also be supervised in the following areas:
- Acoustics of Musical Instruments;
- Musical Informatics;
- Music and Architecture;
- Music Education.
The principal centres of research activity are:
- Institute for Music in Human and Social Development;
- Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments;
- Music Informatics Research Group;
- Musical Acoustics;
- Music in the Community.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
SAAS, College scholarships, ORS, AHRC, Scottish Arts Council
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- ECA Graduate School
- +44 (0) 131 651 5736