Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree in a science, electronic or music-related subject or its equivalent if outside the UK. Other degree subjects and non-standard qualifications may also be acceptable if combined with appropriate professional experience.
Months of entry
The aims of the programme are:
* to provide a broadly-based, scientifically oriented foundation in the area of music, acoustics and audio technology;
* to develop skills in research, computation, design and analytical problem-solving;
* to create a multidisciplinary learning environment that will prepare the student for careers in which a strong understanding of music/audio technology is required;
* to develop an ability to appreciate, understand and develop the creative potential of sound design.
The emphasis of this programme is on science and technology in the context of musical and multimedia applications.
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international.
Fees and funding
Visit our Scholarships and Student Finance Office at http://www.scholarships.ed.ac.uk/ for information about funding opportunities.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Edinburgh College of Art Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)131 650 4086