All applicants must meet our general entry and language requirements.
Months of entry
The subject area performed strongly in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise with 60% of their work being judged of international standing
Research in the History of Art is conducted across an unusually broad range of fields, including:
- early and late medieval Art;
- Islamic art and architecture;
- classic and modern Chinese art;
- the Italian Renaissance;
- 17th century Flemish art;
- 18th century material culture and histories of collecting;
- late 19th century French art;
- international and British Modernism;
- the postmodern city and its representation;
- contemporary art and globalisation.
Members of staff are actively involved with the Visual Arts Research Institute of Edinburgh.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
AHRC, ORS (for international students)
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- ECA Graduate School
- +44 (0) 131 651 5734