Normally a good honours degree or equivalent in Nursing Studies or related area. Other evidence of ability to undertake the work of the degree may also be considered.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
MSc by Research (Nursing) offers research training including taught courses and a dissertation. It may be taken as a stand-alone degree or as an element in progression to PhD studies. Students pursuing this degree are part of the larger community of postgraduate research students in Nursing Studies and in the School of Health in Social Science.
Distinctive features of the degree include:
- integration of discipline-specific and generic social-science research training;
- opportunities for shared learning with students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds;
- participation in the research culture in Nursing Studies and the School of Health in Social Science;
- potential for progression to PhD studies;
- individual supervision;
- choice and flexibility of courses.
Fees and funding
Visit Scholarships and Student Funding Services at: Scholarships and Student Funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- PG Research Secretary
- +44 (0) 131 651 3967