- A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in psychology, health or related discipline.
- We may also consider your application if you have a background in another area or other qualifications and professional experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
- If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we may consider your application on the basis of your relevant professional experience.
- We may also consider your application if you have other qualifications or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
All successful applicants will be required to join Disclosure Scotland's Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme before starting the programme. In addition, all applicants who don't live in the UK, or who have spent more than a year abroad, will need to provide equivalent verification from the relevant national authority.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
Each year, mental health problems such as anxiety and depression will affect 1 in 4 people, including 1 in 10 children, at an anticipated global cost of $6T by 2030. Psychological therapies, especially cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) and interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), provide a safe, effective solution to many of our most common mental health problems.
This new programme, offered at the University of Edinburgh, provides practitioner and supervisor level training in IPT and CBT. With a special, but not exclusive, focus on childhood and adolescence, the programme is suited to practitioners working with children, youth and adults.
Individual courses are accredited by UK professional bodies, ensuring high quality standards and recognition by employers post-qualification. Teaching and supervision are provided by experienced clinicians and clinical academics. The programme has close links with the NHS and community organisations, ensuring that students learn in a clinically-informed context.
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Director, Dr Emily Taylor
- +44 (0)131 650 3892