Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A UK first class honours degree, or its international equivalent, in an appropriate subject; or a UK 2:1 honours degree plus a UK masters degree, or their international equivalents; or relevant qualifications and experience.
Months of entry
On this integrated degree you will join the broader Maxwell Institute Graduate School in its Bayes Centre home.
You will benefit from:
- dedicated academic training in subjects that include mathematical analysis, computational mathematics, multi-scale modelling, model reduction, Bayesian inference, uncertainty quantification, inverse problems and data assimilation, and machine learning
- extensive experience of collaborative and interdisciplinary work through projects, modelling camps, industrial sandpits and internships
- outstanding early-career training, with a strong focus on entrepreneurship
- a dynamic and forward-looking community of mathematicians and scientists, sharing strong values of collaboration, respect, and social and scientific responsibility
You will integrate into a vibrant research environment, closely interacting with many academics, comprising mathematicians from the University of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University. You will also engage with computer scientists, biologists, engineers, physicists and chemists providing their own disciplinary expertise. The programme is also complemented by many industrial and government partners.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)131 650 5085