A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Months of entry
This programme is aimed at researchers and professionals who commission, coordinate and use digital research in business, policy-making and the third sector, including digital marketing and analytical services officers.
This programme comprises a suite of courses that together provide the critical understanding and skills needed to make best use of digital research findings, with a particular focus on social media research, web 2.0 data and their synergies with publicly available administrative datasets.
These skills include:
- understanding the production and consumption of automatic measures of user/citizen/customer feedback online
- making best use of evidence from digital data analysis to inform business and policy decision-making
- organising interdisciplinary strategies for digital research groups
- identifying and accessing relevant expertise to undertake digital research for business and policy
- anticipating future evolution and potential use of the digital research service market
Based on the latest research into the social and economic influences on how digital research is being developed and used, this PgCert is designed both for novices and for more experienced professionals who need to maintain a critical appreciation of the fast-moving field of digital research.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- online12-24 months
- distance learning12-24 months
- part time12-24 months
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)131 651 5122