A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
This programme is designed for graduates who want an advanced professional qualification that will provide a launch pad for a career in the public sector, nonprofit sector or international policy community.
The programme aims to:
- develop analytical and conceptual skills to enable critical evaluation of major policy issues, policy processes, policy implementation and policy linkages
- examine in detail the political, economic and social context of policy-making at the local, regional, state and international levels
- develop an in-depth knowledge of specific policy issues
- provide a thorough training in analytical methods and approaches (qualitative and quantitative) used for policy development and implementation
- develop an understanding of practical and ethical issues in policy-making
- enhance knowledge and professional skills for public sector careers
- provide professional experience through the work placement component
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Visit Scholarships and Student Funding Services at: http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Academy of Government
- +44 (0)131 650 4080