Minimum of an Upper Second Class (2:1) Honours degree or equivalent in the social sciences, economics, law, business or the humanities. Applicants with a degree in the physical sciences may also be accepted subject to appraisal by the programme director.
Months of entry
The Master of Public Policy is a new professional programme offered through the Academy of Government. The MPP is designed for graduates of social science degrees who want an advanced professional qualification that will provide a launch-pad for a career in public service.
The specific aims of the programme are:
- development of analytical and conceptual skills to enable critical evaluation of major policy issues, policy processes, policy implementation and policy linkages;
- detailed examination of the political, economic and social context of policy-making at the local, regional, state and international levels;
- in-depth knowledge of specific policy issues, in the fields of European policy, International Development policy, Environmental policy and Health policy;
- thorough training in analytical methods and approaches (qualitative and quantitative) used for policy development and implementation;
- understanding of practical and ethical issues involved in the process of policy-making;
- knowledge and professional skills required for a career in the public sector;
- professional experience gained through the placement component.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Daniel Kenealy (Programme Director)
- +44 (0)131 650 4128