Entry to the PhD programme is competitive, and usually requires that applicants have the following minimum qualifications:
- Normally a postgraduate masters degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas (we accept applications from those still currently studying for a masters, but any offer will be conditional on successful completion at the required standard).
- Evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall) and normally a postgraduate master's dissertation with distinction (UK equivalent). MBA or master's students without a dissertation are welcome to apply and should normally provide evidence of distinction level work (UK equivalent).
- Your official transcript and grading scheme must be provided when you submit your application.
Entry to the MSc by Research programme usually requires that applicants have a UK first-class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification. Applicants with a 2:1 undergraduate degree may be considered.
Months of entry
The Business School received full research training accreditation in the 2005 Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Recognition Exercise.
The School has significant research expertise in the following subject areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Management Science and Business Economics
- Organisation Studies
There is a long tradition of teaching and research in business and management at the University. Research degrees are offered in most disciplines within business and management, subject to the availability of suitable supervisors.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programmes Co-ordinator
- +44 (0) 131 651 5337