Entrance to our MSc programmes is strongly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or management related subject with some quantitative elements is normally required.
- Candidates with degrees in science, mathematics, engineering, informatics or statistics will also be considered.
- Candidates with a very good Honours degree in a numerate or quantitative subject area or relevant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Supporting your application
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
This course provides students with the theoretical foundations of marketing along with an added appreciation of the skills required in solving analytical and practical marketing problems.
Students will consider the use and application of management science techniques in a variety of marketing and business contexts through participation in courses in marketing management, marketing decision analysis, business statistics and forecasting, marketing research methods, and more advanced applications in credit risk management, problem solving and spreadsheet modelling skills and data mining.
This practical application of quantitative marketing, taught alongside the theoretical underpinnings of marketing aptly prepares students for careers as market analysts, business consultants, database managers and marketing researchers.
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international student at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MSc Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 131 650 9663