- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the relevant UK professional body.
- A minimum of one year post-registration experience.
- A good first degree in a relevant subject or relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at level seven.
- Currently employed in a relevant field of practice.
Months of entry
We understand that you may not have the time to do a full-time degree, so our CPD pathways allow you to study flexibly, in the way that best suits you. The structure, mode of delivery and level of support allow you to progress towards a qualification at postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma or Masters level.
Our MSc Health Care Practice is designed for health care professionals in primary, secondary and tertiary settings who wish to advance their knowledge-base and clinical skills. Irrespective of your clinical speciality, you will become actively involved in the advancement of practice which will be recognised within the degree award.
Health care practice is an evolving process in which new skills are continuously being developed and refined in response to the needs of clients. The NHS Plan seeks to challenge traditional role boundaries and recognises that professionals of all clinical disciplines have the potential to develop advanced clinical skills to support the client from referral to discharge.
By the end of your time with us you will be able to:
- Assess physical and psychosocial states and make independent diagnoses in relation to specific episodes of care
- Pioneer new roles which are responsive to changing health needs
- Act in a consultancy and leadership role for other team members and other professionals in the development of their practice
- Demonstrate expert judgement in the assessment and management of specific client groups
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of factors that influence service provision and use innovative problem solving skills to effect best use of resources.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries