- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the General Dental Council
- A minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- A degree with an overall 2.1 in a relevant subject
Months of entry
Do you have the enhanced skills in advanced care that are needed in the new dental contract? Dental practices who do are likely to be commissioned to provide specialised services under the proposed new dental contract. Periodontology is just one of those specialised services you could be commissioned to do.
If you are a registered dental hygienist or dental hygienist/therapist, our MSc Advanced Periodontal Practice course provides an educational route for you to acquire advanced skills and knowledge in periodontology:
- Gain experience in our purpose-built dental skills labs and clinical patient care facilities
- Make your studies fit around your busy working life through our flexible study options
- Expand your knowledge and interests in a broad range of dental disciplines
- Learn from experienced clinicians who provide expert oral health care in clinical settings
- Reinforce and enhance the skills which are required for everyday clinical practice
You gain a broad and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying clinical periodontal practice. At Essex, you critically appraise research findings and develop your own evidence-based practice.
If you are a dentist we also offer our MSc Periodontology, which provides an educational route, by credit accumulation, to acquire the abilities and knowledge of a dentist with enhanced skills.
Information for international students
For non-native speakers of English an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 580/240
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator