- Current registration with a relevant professional regulatory body.
- A relevant first degree, or equivalent e.g. professional experience and responsibility.
- Current involvement in teaching and assessing in practice, plus 3 years healthcare experience.
- Applicants wishing to achieve NMC Practice Teacher or Teacher qualifications must supply on application:
- a statement of support from their service manager;
- the name of the practice teacher or teacher that will be supporting their practice learning; and
- evidence of successful completion of a mentor preparation programme or equivalent.
Months of entry
We understand that you may not have the time to do a full-time degree, so our CPD pathways allow you to study flexibly, in the way that best suits you. The structure, mode of delivery and level of support allow you to progress towards a qualification at postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma or Masters level.
Medical and Clinical Education (MaCE) was developed in response to requests from local GPs, nurses and allied health professionals. The desire of these practitioners to develop their teaching and assessing skills, and to pursue an accredited programme, reflects the increasing recognition of the value of work-based learning in professional education.
The programme provides you with a systematic and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying learning, teaching and assessing in the medical and clinical practice environment. It enables health care professionals to acquire advanced skills in teaching and assessing students in a medical and clinical practice context.
This is a modularised pathway and you can choose to study part-time between two and five years. Teaching contributions are drawn from expertise across the University’s academic departments and many modules are supported by Moodle, our online learning environment.
This course will:
- Enable you to apply your understanding of educational, legal and ethical frameworks and healthcare policy to enable others to learn and enhance their own professional practice, thereby being a positive role model for your students
- Help you engage in quality enhancement and improve students’ learning experiences.
- Ensure you acquire a range of transferable employment-related skills, most importantly, independent learning skills for continuing professional development
- Create flexible, inter-professional learning pathways to develop educators for the clinical professions
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries