- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the General Dental Council - A minimum of 2 years post-registration experience - A good first degree in a relevant subject OR - Relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at Masters level - Currently employed in a relevant field of practice You will also need to pass a selection interview.
Months of entry
Gain a broad and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying clinical periodontal practice. At Essex, you critically appraise research findings and develop your own evidence-based practice. Our MSc Periodontology provides an educational route, by credit accumulation, to acquire the skills and knowledge of a Dentist with Enhanced Skills (DES). If you are a registered dental hygienist or dental therapist, our MSc Advanced Periodontal Practice course provides an educational route for you to acquire advanced skills and knowledge in periodontology.
- Gain experience in our purpose built facilities – dental skills labs and clinical patient care facilities
- Our flexible study options fit around the busy working lives of clinicians – make study part of your lifestyle
- Expand your knowledge and interest in a broad range of dental disciplines
- Learn from experienced clinicians who provide expert oral health care in clinical settings
- Reinforce and enhance the skills which are required for everyday clinical practice
Information for international students
For non-native speakers of English an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 580/240.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator