In order to apply for a place on this degree pathway you will need to have:
- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the relevant UK professional body
- A minimum of four years post-registration experience
- A relevant first degree or relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at level seven.
You will also need to be:
- Currently employed in a relevant field of practice
- Provide a demonstration of existing specialist competencies in musculoskeletal practice.
Months of entry
We understand that you may not have the time to do a full-time degree, so our CPD pathways allow you to study flexibly, in the way that best suits you. The structure, mode of delivery and level of support allow you to progress towards a qualification at postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma or Masters level.
We offer two musculoskeletal pathways which enable you, as a clinician, to assess and manage patients with a range of musculoskeletal conditions beyond your normal scope of practice. Optional modules allow you to expand your musculoskeletal practice with a focus on imaging, including ultrasonography, or a focus on patient management including injection therapy.
- Provide you with a critical understanding of the key concepts underlying advanced musculoskeletal clinical skills beyond your normal professional scope of practice
- Provide you with the opportunity to acquire advanced musculoskeletal clinical skills beyond your normal professional scope of practice
- Provide you with skills to access and critically appraise research findings to develop your own evidence-based practice
- Enhance your understanding of the essential principles of research design and to conduct an extensive piece of independent research including: planning, formulating, designing, choosing research methods, collecting data, analysing, interpreting and writing-up
- Ensure you acquire a range of transferable employment-related skills.
This course sits within our new School of Sport, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences. This will not change the content of the course but provides an exciting opportunity to join a community specifically focused on sports and exercise science, sports therapy and physiotherapy. This will allow us to bring together our internationally recognised research, share knowledge, and enhance placement and vocational opportunities for our students and graduates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time72 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator
- +44 (0)1206 872854