We have two different entry routes:
- Our Academic Entry Route requires you to have an undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree (or a relevant professional qualification).
- Our Work Experience Entry Route requires you to have at least two years' teaching experience in a post-compulsory educational setting.
For both entry routes, if English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0.
Months of entry
January, September, July, April
- Philosophy of Education and Theories of Learning & Teaching (20 credits)*
- Delivering Effective Teaching & Learning (20 credits)*
- Introduction to Educational Assessment (10 credits)*
- Using Technology in Teaching, Learning and Assessment (10 credits)*
- The Role of Research and Academic Literature in Developing Practice (20 credits)*
- Research Methods in Teaching & Learning (20 credits)*
- Research Project (40 credits)*
- Introduction to Learning Analytics (10 credits)
- The Science of Learning – practical implications for teaching (10 credits)
- From Teacher to Content Developer (20 credits)
- From Teacher to Manager (20 credits)
- From Teacher to Assessment Developer (20 credits)
Information for international students
Our courses are delivered 100% online and part-time, meaning you can study from wherever in the world you are located, with no need to relocate to the UK for study.
Our courses are open to international students based in any country, although you will need to have an English language proficiency at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5. We may ask you to complete a free online English test if you don't hold an IELTS qualification.
Fees and funding
We have a number of funding options available for our students. Most UK or EU students living in England are eligible for a government-backed postgraduate student loan that covers the full cost of their course tuition fees.
If you are not eligible for a tuition fee loan, or you decide to fund your course yourself, we offer a simple monthly payment plan to enable you to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies. A 10% discount is available for up-front payment of each level.
We want to give everyone the opportunity to experience a University of Essex Online course; we think you’ll love it! But if you decide it’s not for you within the first 21 days then you will receive a full refund. Terms and conditions apply.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 800 0527 526