Non-EU Applicants only:
- EURO 3,000 (EURO three thousand) - The reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. Exception with EU applicants
- Official translation of the English or German for those documents in different language.
- Application form
- Secondary School Diploma/Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records. Relevance of your bachelor’s degree subject to the master’s degree programme and amount of credits (equivalent to 210 or 240 ECTS credits depending on the master’s programme)
- English/German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation/intent (at least 500 words)
- For Innovation Design Management, there are special questions to be answered instead of the standard letter of motivation
- Work experience certificate if applicable
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 – 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET 51 (only for students appearing with MOI letter)
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Months of entry
In its recently published study from October 2018 called “The Business Value of Design”, the global consulting firm McKinsey & Company demonstrated that companies who regard design and the employment of creativity as principal drivers in their value-generation outperform industry-benchmark growth by as much as two to one.
Comprehensive disruption through digitisation, changing marketplaces, and consumer behaviour have created a new professional playing field between creative design, business strategy, and IT development. Innovation-centered companies increasingly look for managers who understand how to use design as a prominent driving factor behind business decisions and how to incorporate right-brain-thinking and an artistic attitude in business, as strategic assets in the generation of innovation and sustainable consumer-value, and in the transformation of a companies’ organisation and vision.
This new Master programme “Innovation Design Management” is positioned right at the intersection of design and business. It wants to shape individuals who accept these complex, fast-paced challenges and who take an integrated approach with strategies that combine the best of design, business, and technology. This is, among others, accomplished through a range of intense project activities that will be held in close cooperation with leading industry professionals and actual enterprises who face these very challenges.
Graduates will be employed in highly innovation- or design-driven companies as Chief Design Officers, Design Managers, Strategic Brand Managers, or Venture Architects.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details