Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Non-EU Applicants only:
- EURO 3,000 (EURO three thousand) - The reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. Exception with EU applicants
- Official translation of the English or German for those documents in different language.
- Application form
- Secondary School Diploma/Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records. Relevance of your bachelor’s degree subject to the master’s degree programme and amount of credits (equivalent to 210 or 240 ECTS credits depending on the master’s programme)
- English/German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation/intent (at least 500 words)
- For Innovation Design Management, there are special questions to be answered instead of the standard letter of motivation
- Work experience certificate if applicable
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 – 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET 51 (only for students appearing with MOI letter)
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Months of entry
Technological developments mean that a photographer’s role within the arts and creative industries is constantly evolving. Your commitment to exploring new ideas and finding your own style is a key criteria for success in your photography studies. Our curriculum encourages you to explore the significance of the photographic medium within a cultural, political and social context, and to create your own images while interacting with current trends in art and design.
In a professional context, photography is now usually an evolving process: from the initial idea to the detailed concept, as well as the planning, organisation, realisation and final presentation. From fashion, portraits and still lifes to advertising and artistic photography, images are often staged rather than created spontaneously. By the time you graduate with a Master’s in Photography, you will have acquired the skills to think conceptually and to realise your ideas in artistic and practical projects using state-of-the-art technology.
This English-language master’s programme stands out from other courses in this field due to its emphasis on staged photography. The way artworks are presented both in traditional photo exhibitions and installations is a key focus on this programme.
Our campuses are equipped with professional workspaces and an extensive range of equipment. Facilities include spacious photo and green screen studios, an analogue darkroom, a scanning and print studio, film editing suites and sound studios. Students also have the opportunity to borrow a range of photographic equipment free of charge for projects both on and off campus. This includes digital and analogue camera equipment, professional lighting and other accessories.
At the University of Applied Sciences Europe, our educational approach is to enable students to discover and fully develop their individual talents. Teaching takes place in small groups in a friendly, informal atmosphere. You will have the opportunity to actively shape your studies and your career path by choosing your own specialisations and selecting courses from a range of interdisciplinary subjects. Our professors will support your individual progress helping you to develop your own distinct signature and to refine your talents and strengths. The master’s programme includes practical projects led by distinguished photographers and artists, as well as international study trips and workshops in New York, Iceland or different cities in Asia to help you prepare for your future career.
Our modern, centrally located Berlin campus is a meeting place for students from over 60 countries. Famous for its lively arts scene, in recent years, Berlin has also become one of Europe’s most important start-up capitals. At our Hamburg campus, our students benefit from our collaborations with model and advertising agencies, Germany’s largest publishing house as well as several museums.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details