A mid 2:2 degree (55%+) with honours in a business related discipline such as Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or Management from a recognised university. Candidates may also offer ACCA Papers F1-F9. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in business related modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
Months of entry
- ACCA accredited modules
- Combine your studies with a second qualification from ADIT
- Broad spectrum of optional modules so you can tailor your course to your interests
- Non-assessed database training on key financial databases including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
The MSc in Accounting and Taxation is a unique programme designed to offer you a high-level academic understanding of contemporary developments in taxation policy and practice, together with accounting, both in the UK and in an international global context.
In short, our aim is to give you the best possible preparation for a long and successful career in accounting with a specialisation in taxation.
Core modules in taxation are accredited by ACCA and alongside traditional accounting subjects, we cover all aspects of taxation including policy development and implementation, and practical operation of tax systems in the UK and overseas. You will gain an understanding of a broad range of topics and a variety of optional modules gives you the chance to specialise if you choose to do so, early on in your career.
Combine your studies with ADIT
It’s never been a more exciting time to be an international tax practitioner. In an ever more connected world, tax professionals have to stay on top of their game to take advantage of the challenges and opportunities that today’s business offers. But how do you make sure you stand out?
ADIT, the international tax qualification, is an advanced level designation in cross-border tax. Designed by a board of world-leading experts, it has been created to provide the robust foundation in international tax that today’s professional needs to stand out from the crowd.
The benefits of ADIT include:
- Complementary qualification – ADIT complements a Masters degree in tax with a professional, international tax qualification
- Two for one – gain two qualifications for the effort of one. The University of Exeter’s MSc in Accounting and Taxation programme offers ADIT-relevant tuition, and students may use their research project to fulfil the ADIT extended essay option in lieu of the third paper
- Practical exams – ADIT exam questions are designed to simulate real-world scenarios and place students in the role of a tax professional
- Global benchmark – an independent means of demonstrating international tax expertise, administered by a globally recognised tax body
- Professional recognition – ADIT is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), a charity and a leading professional body concerned solely with tax
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Pearson Test of English (Academic)
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Information about other acceptable tests of linguistic ability, information for applicants with lower English language test scores, and all further information for international students can be found at the international page.
Fees and funding
At the University of Exeter Business School, we want to ensure studying for a Masters remains accessible to the brightest minds of the future, regardless of financial background.
We are therefore offering every student a Future Leaders Scholarships worth £1,000 each. These will be automatically awarded to students who confirm their place within the deposit deadline outlined in their offer letter.
Postgraduate loans of up to £10,609 are now available. Find out more about whether you are eligible and how you can apply by visiting our postgraduate loans scheme pages.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School Postgraduate Admissions Officer
- +44 (0) 1392 726679