Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A mid 2:2 degree (55%+) with honours in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics or related discipline from a recognised university. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative* ability is essential. The majority of our candidates will be expecting a First or 2:1 degree, however, we do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
In order to apply for the MSc Finance and Investment applicants must have passed at 2:1 level at least one module in a mathematical/quantitative subject in their undergraduate degree and must offer at least four more modules at 2:1 level in any of the following: Accounting, Economics, Finance and Mathematics.
*Mathematics modules may include, for example, Algebra, Calculus, Econometrics, Statistics, Probability or Optimisation.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- For students interested in a career in investment analysis or portfolio management
- Established in 1973, this was the very first Masters degree in finance in the UK and over the past 40 years has gained an international reputation for providing excellent training and academic knowledge
- Undertake a non-assessed financial database training course delivered by the data specialists from providers including Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Bureau Van Dijk, the Standard, and Poor’s Global Market Intelligence
- Includes a company analysis workshop run by a practitioner to help develop practical investment understanding, augment presentation skills and provide an insight into current real world information
- You have the opportunity to work towards a qualification from the CISI in addition to your MSc to increase your employability
Information for international students
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 or 12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1392 723044