Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A mid 2:2 degree (55%+) with honours in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics or related discipline from a recognised university. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative* ability is essential. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
In order to apply for the MSc Finance and Marketing applicants must have passed at 2:1 level at least one module in a mathematical/quantitative subject in their undergraduate degree and must offer at least four more modules at 2:1 level in any of the following: Accounting, Economics, Finance and Mathematics.
*Mathematics modules may include, for example, Algebra, Calculus, Econometrics, Statistics, Probability or Optimisation.
Months of entry
- For students wanting to specialise in marketing within the banking and financial services sectors
- Acquire the technical knowledge to understand how financial services products work, together with the marketing acumen necessary to compete successfully in this highly competitive sector.
- Undertake non-assessed intensive computer training covering Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Datastream, Eikon, MorningStar, S&P Capital IQ and other key financial databases and software systems
- Enjoy a range of innovative optional modules and dedicated career pathways with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) to tailor your studies to match your career aspirations
- Gain professional recognition and join a worldwide network of like-minded individuals to help build and sustain your career.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9-12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Business School Postgraduate Admissions Officer
- +44 (0) 1392 726679