Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above with honours in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics, Maths, Business or related discipline from a recognised university. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative* ability is essential. The majority of our candidates will be expecting a First or 2:1 degree, however, we do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
In order to apply for the MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management candidates must be able to demonstrate strengths in: Finance, Accounting, Economics and Mathematics.
*Mathematics modules may include, for example, Algebra, Calculus, Econometrics, Statistics, Probability or Optimisation.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- For students interested in studying advanced financial theory and looking to acquire expertise in investment analysis and fund management
- You will be challenged with an academically rigorous curriculum supported by practical experiences to ensure you gain the skills demanded by global organisations
- You have the opportunity to gain your MSc in 12 months, and also work towards Levels I and II of the CFA examinations
- Enjoy access to our 24/7 finance lab hosting major databases including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Participate in the Business School Ethics Challenge analysing CFA case studies, and apply to the Global CFA Investment Research Challenge judged by CFA experts
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Information for international students
Further information for international students can be found on our dedicated international page.
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1392 723044