Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above with honours in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics, Maths, Business or related discipline from a recognised university. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative* ability is essential. The majority of our candidates will be expecting a First or 2:1 degree, however, we do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS and CIMA.
In order to apply for the MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management candidates must be able to demonstrate strengths in: Finance, Accounting, Economics and Mathematics.
*Mathematics modules may include, for example, Algebra, Calculus, Econometrics, Statistics, Probability or Optimisation.
Months of entry
- For students interested in studying advanced financial theory and looking to acquire expertise in investment analysis and fund management
- You will be challenged with an academically rigorous curriculum supported by practical experiences to ensure you gain the skills demanded by global organisations
- You have the opportunity to gain your MSc in 12 months, and also work towards Levels I and II of the CFA examinations
- Enjoy access to our 24/7 finance lab hosting major databases including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Participate in the Business School Ethics Challenge analysing CFA case studies, and apply to the Global CFA Investment Research Challenge judged by CFA experts
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Information for international students
English language requirements
At least 7.0 overall and no less than 6.0 in any other section.
At least 100 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
65 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Business School Postgraduate Admissions Officer
- +44 (0) 1392 726679