Normally a minimum 2.1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Relevant clinical or professional experience may be taken into consideration as evidence of equivalency.
Months of entry
The challenges of maintaining a safe, accessible and sustainable health service require its future leaders to be inclusive, collaborative and possess critical skills in improvement and systems leadership.
Our Healthcare Leadership and Management programme has been specifically created to offer the time, space, and support you need to become a compassionate, inclusive and effective leader of the future.
It is suitable for all aspiring or established leaders in any health-related discipline which includes nurses, allied healthcare professionals, commissioners, managers and doctors of any speciality including training grades, GPs and consultants early in their leadership journey.
Throughout this programme we aim to:
- Provide you with a safe ‘practitioner researcher’ led environment of learning for you to share your ideas, perspectives and current experiences in response to realistic scenarios.
- Challenge you to consider offering solutions alone and in collaboration.
- Support your development as a leader through engagement with both core and advanced concepts in leadership and change focussing on the delivery of healthcare at team and system level.
- Enable you to analyse, synthesise, evaluate and reflect on the translation of research-based evidence into healthcare practice.
- Provide opportunities for you to refine written and verbal communication skills through the examination of theory and its use in practice.
Information for international students
If you are an international student, please visit our international equivalency pages to enable you to see if your existing academic qualifications meet our entry requirements.
English language requirements
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Pearson Test of English (Academic)
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0)1392 725500