Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A mid 2:2 degree (50%+) with honours in an Economics or related discipline from a recognised university, including degrees where Economics is a "minor" subject. Evidence of mathematical/quantitative ability is required.
We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
Months of entry
- Designed for students interested in a career in finance and economics in the international banking sector
- Delivered jointly by the Department of Economics and the Xfi Centre for Finance and Investment, you’ll focus on the application of advanced economics and finance theories to commercial money markets and banking
- Gain intensive computer training on financial databases and software including Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, IQ, and Morning Star
- Select optional modules that relevant to your career goals, enabling you to develop an area of specialisation appropriate to your career plans
- Graduates from this programme have secured roles with a wide range of organisations including China Merchants Bank, PWC (Vietnam), Bank of China, Standard Bank (Ghana) and ICBC Credit Suisse International (Hong Kong).
Our Master’s programmes are designed to prepare you for a successful career, wherever in the world you plan to work. Employers expect advanced communication and technical skills, team-working and independent research, project-management and the very latest specialist knowledge from their postgraduate recruits.
An MSc in Money & Banking enables you to develop the professional, financial and economic skills and to make you a valuable asset from day one of your career.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Business School Postgraduate Admissions Officer
- +44 (0)1392 723044