- a minimum of three years' post-graduation work experience - preferably in a managerial position
- a good first degree
- career progression
Many applicants find that they possess extensive work experience, e.g. eight years or more, or have attained a professional qualification but not completed formal degrees. Non-academic achievements are taken into consideration, therefore applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience are welcome and encouraged to submit an application:
- Mature managers with extensive work experience
- Extensive experience of technical or specialist work
- Professionals planning career changes or returning to employment after a break from work
- Professionals seeking to develop skills for broader management roles
- Professionals interested in becoming entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs.
Although we do not require GMAT, we particularly welcome applicants in possession of a GMAT score which can be submitted along with your application, as your GMAT score may strengthen your application. We have recently launched an Academic Excellence scholarship which will be automatically awarded to all applicants in possession of a GMAT score of 650 and above. Further details can be found in our Scholarships and Funding page.
We also require two professional references and a personal statement explaining why you are interested in The Exeter MBA and how the course fits into your desire to change yourself. Your personal statement should ideally be tailored to our programme.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of The Exeter MBA in their personal statement.
Months of entry
- Ranked Number 1 in the Corporate Knights’ Better World MBA Rankings 2017
- Full Time programme has “Tier One” status and Executive programme ranked 3rd in the UK and 21st in the world in the CEO Global MBA Rankings 2017
For ambitious professionals with at least three years of work experience, you can accelerate or redirect your career with our internationally accredited MBA programme.
Our unique MBA will equip you with the tools and skills in purposeful leadership, innovation and technology to not only transform yourself, but also the world around you, for good.
The programme is flexible and is available to study full time over 12-months, or as a part time executive option over 24-36 months.
- Benefit from our international business connections and network of 1,600 alumni
- Take advantage of experiential learning through study trips, company visits, corporate challenges and consultancy projects for partner organisations, which complement workshops led by business practitioners and academics who are specialists in their field
- Explore and develop your personal unique selling points with our tailored Careers Programme which includes 1:1 coaching from our dedicated MBA Careers Consultant
- Develop an international mindset with our diverse cohort of nationalities spanning 21 different countries, with a gender split of 58% female 42% male
- Boost your employability by working on real challenges with some of the world’s most enlightened NGOs, start-ups and global brands such as IIBM, Coca Cola, Unilever, Tribalingual, SAP, Marks and Spencer, Thomson Reuters and EY.
Information for international students
If you are an international student, please visit our international equivalency pages to enable you to see if your existing academic qualifications meet our entry requirements.
English language requirements
At least 7.0 overall and no less than 6.0 in any other section.
At least 100 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Pearson Test of English (Academic)
65 with no less than 55 in all skills.
Other accepted tests
Information about other acceptable tests of linguistic ability can be found on our English language requirements page.
Fees and funding
At the University of Exeter Business School we want to ensure we attract the very brightest minds and talent from all over the world, regardless of financial background. That’s why for 2020, we have over £500,000 worth of scholarships available to outstanding MBA candidates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- MBA Admissions Officer
- +44 (0) 1392 725078