Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants will be selected on the basis of being predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in Geology. Consideration will also be given to appropriate equivalent professional qualifications and training on a case-by-case basis.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Designed to provide advanced specialised training for earth science graduates, leading to excellent employment opportunities in the extractive industry
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of the role of a geoscientist working in the mining industry, and learn new skills including underground geological and geotechnical mapping, surveying, mineral exploration, ore microscopy, ore deposit modelling and mine planning
- Gain knowledge in mineral resource estimation and grade control, mineral extraction and management, mining law and the environmental impact of mining
- Study taught modules over two semesters and undertake individual projects throughout the summer vacation, often as industrial placements with a mining/exploration company.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1326 371801