Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good degree (normally a 2:2).
Successful applicants will usually have at least an A-level or equivalent in Mathematics and/or have received quantitative skills training as part of their undergraduate programme, or possess relevant professional experience.
Prior experience of coding is not necessary on this course.
Months of entry
- Gain an understanding of and confidence in using real-world data and mathematical models to address the big societal issues of the 21st Century
- Based at our stunning Penryn Campus in Cornwall this interdisciplinary programme is run by the departments of Mathematics in collaboration with science and engineering
- Benefit from an interdisciplinary and outward facing programme which encourages and supports you to collaborate with industry, charities or public sector organisations
- Put your enhanced data science and modelling skills into practice by completing an advanced project
- Gain the skills and experience you need to succeed in the demanding and fast growing data analytics sectors particularly in relation to sustainability challenges
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Markus Mueller
- +44 (0) 1392 724061