Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a mathematics, science or engineering subject, with significant mathematics content.
Months of entry
- Develop skills in fundamental aspects of mathematical biology
- Learn about mathematical modelling and dynamical systems theory applied to biology, ecology, neuroscience, synthetic biology and medicine, as well as tools for advanced data analysis.
- You’ll keep abreast of current research happening in this fast-moving field from a range of internal and guest speakers our regular seminar series
- Become proficient in requisite computational tools and techniques with practical sessions including key industry-standard programming languages such as Matlab and Python.
- Undertake an independent research project where you’ll explore your interests in greater depth, with the support of an academic, where you can focus on or contribute to current research.
This degree can lead to research roles in many sectors including working for charities, hospitals and healthcare providers. The skills you will acquire in mathematical modelling can be equally well applied to other fields of study such as understanding climate change or conservation and ecology.
For many students a masters course can also lead to further academic study such as a PhD.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44(0)1392 724061