Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Open to all mining professionals with a relevant degree or with relevant technical experience. Please contact us before making an online application if you do not hold a degree so we can advise on the additional information required.
Months of entry
- You’ll be equipped with the business knowledge of the entire mining pipeline and the technical knowledge to support career progression in the area of mining operations
- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- Designed for experienced mining industry staff, you will be immersed in the mining value chain followed by more detailed study of Mining Engineering
- Delivered by mining experts and aligned with industry needs, you’ll learn part-time while you work, and benefit from industry wide professional networks and exposure to diverse international mining practices
- Taught via diverse course delivery methods and assessment types so you’ll graduate as a well-rounded mining professionals with broad industry knowledge.
To develop international mining talent mines need talented individuals to make the right decisions in a dynamic, safety-critical, and technologically advanced working environment.
Our curriculum and teaching methods are aligned to modern mining industry issues and we enjoy close relationships with local, national and international minerals businesses.
The course has been designed to meet the needs of industry staff, mining companies, regulators and professional associations. The teaching approach, technical content and assessments reflect the professional and industry context of the course participants.
The Course Team have extensive experience of developing blended learning and residential courses for international mining, mining equipment and construction materials companies.
Our practical approach engages academics and students with consultancies, multinational miners, and junior explorers to promote advances in geological exploration and sustainable mining.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Cornwall Admissions