Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To enrol, candidates must be employed in a suitable, technical role for the duration of the course. Applicants must also have English and Maths at a minimum of Level 2 (equivalent of a pass at GCSE).
A good honours degree in a numerate subject from a recognised university. Students are expected to enter this programme with some programming ability.
The Python programming language is used extensively during this course and applicants with experience in other languages will be asked to learn basic Python before commencing the course.
Other qualifications of a similar level can be considered. We would encourage applicants with non-standard qualifications to contact us to discuss their eligibility.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- Taught in both Exeter and London and designed for professionals wishing to study alongside work
- Gain skills in data science and get a formal qualification, while remaining in full time employment
- Discover the fundamental mathematical and computational techniques which underpin data science, machine learning and statistical modelling as well as the wider social context and specific applications of data science
- Benefit from an excellent technical education delivered by the South West Institute of Technology.
Information for international students
Further information for international students can be found on our dedicated international page.
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team