Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Candidates are required to have at least a 2:1 degree in a strongly numerate subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics) and must be able to show evidence of good programming ability in a recognised modern computer language. Candidates may be interviewed by video conference to assess their programming ability and suitability for the course.
The Python programming language is used extensively during this course and applicants with experience in other languages will be asked to learn basic Python before commencing the course.
We may consider applications with non-standard qualifications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience, or relevant professional qualifications.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- Designed for those interested in learning the theoretical and practical skills within data science whilst developing advanced skills in artificial intelligence
- Learn from our research expertise within Exeter's Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (IDSAI) in areas including computer vision, knowledge representation, bio-inspired computation and optimisation
- Explore the fundamental mathematical and computational techniques which underpin Data Science applications, building on your existing scientific and/or mathematical knowledge
- Learn about specific applications including network analysis, text analysis and machine vision as well as governance and ethical aspects of data use
- Undertake a research project where you’ll develop skills in a specific area of interest and pursue your ideas, with the support of your academic supervisor.
Information for international students
Further information for international students can be found on our dedicated international page.
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1392 724061