Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Candidates are required to have at least a 2:1 degree in a strongly numerate subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics) and must be able to show evidence of good programming ability in a recognised modern computer language. Candidates may be interviewed by video conference to assess their programming ability and suitability for the course.
The Python programming language is used extensively during this course and applicants with experience in other languages will be asked to learn basic Python before commencing the course.
We may consider applications with non-standard qualifications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience, or relevant professional qualifications.
Months of entry
- Designed for those interested in learning the theoretical and practical skills within data science whilst developing advanced skills in artificial intelligence
- Learn from our research expertise within Exeter's Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (IDSAI) in areas including computer vision, knowledge representation, bio-inspired computation and optimisation
- Explore the fundamental mathematical and computational techniques which underpin Data Science applications, building on your existing scientific and/or mathematical knowledge
- Learn about specific applications including network analysis, text analysis and machine vision as well as governance and ethical aspects of data use
- Undertake a research project where you’ll develop skills in a specific area of interest and pursue your ideas, with the support of your academic supervisor.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 1392 724061