Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- At least a 2:2 honours degree in psychology that grants you the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society
- Normally one year's experience of working with children or young people (0 – 19 years)
- IELTS score of 7.5 or equivalent where appropriate
- Clean driving licence or access to a car and driver or a willingness to travel large distances in rural settings on public transport
- Enhanced level DBS check (or equivalent for non-UK applicants)
Months of entry
- A programme of advanced professional training in educational psychology, recognised and accredited by the British Psychological Society and approved by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Taught in an internationally recognised centre for educational research
- As a trainee you will be placed with Educational Psychological Services and other placement providers for supervised practical experience
- If you are UK resident you may be eligible to apply for a funded place
- Course emphasis that psychology should be concerned with developing the capacity for humanity in ourselves and in others
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
All applications for the DEdPsych are processed by the Association of Educational Psychologists (AEP).
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1392 723192