Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We usually require a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject area such as social sciences, humanities or education.
While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant teaching experience, we would welcome your application
Please note, that for the optional module Special Educational Needs: Teaching and Learning and, in some circumstances, research projects as part of a dissertation, students will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- You’ll study a range of topics such as critical perspectives on inclusion and disability, creativity in education and education policy
- We’ll encourage you to reflect critically on your own practice and investigate educational issues that interest you
- Our Education Studies module will provide you with a thorough grounding in education research, theory and practice
- You will have the option to choose a module which includes an experiential placement
- Our cultural programme gives you opportunities to network and learn new skills by attending workshops with performing arts companies as well as craft-focused arts workshops and even a pop-up choir!
Information for international students
Further information for international students can be found on our dedicated international page.
Fees and funding
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages on our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)1392 723192