Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
At minimum a 2:1 honours degree from a recognised university in Geology. Consideration will also be given to appropriate equivalent professional qualifications and training on a case-by-case basis.
Months of entry
- Taught by the internationally established Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined mining school and geoscience department
- You’ll be equipped with the specialist knowledge and skills required when exploring and evaluating new mineral deposits around the world
- Collect, interpret and report geoscientific data, based around a robust understanding of current theories for orebody genesis, exploration techniques and the application of industry-leading software
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain experience in acquiring, synthesising and critically evaluating data from a range of remote sensing, geophysical, geochemical and drill hole sources
- Progress into careers in the national and international exploration and mining sectors, and gain transferable skills used in the broader geotechnical, site investigation and environmental industries.
Reputational and networking benefits
A unique benefit studying at Camborne School of Mines is the community and relations you will gain both during, and after your studies. Camborne School of Mines has a world-class reputation and excellent alumni network, allowing our graduates to prosper in their respective fields in all corners of the globe:
“I have worked in many places around the world and have yet to visit a country where I could not find at least one CSM graduate. In fact, there are normally several and they can often be found in influential positions.”
Tim Henderson, CSM graduate and current Technical Director at Glencore
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Exeter is offering 7 scholarships to students in China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malaysia and Mexico applying for postgraduate courses in a range of subjects. Find out more about this on our website.
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Cornwall Admissions
- +44 (0) 1326 371801