Normally students a good undergraduate Honours degree (UK Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent).
Months of entry
January, September, April
Geography at the University of Exeter offers a lively, thriving and innovative research environment at campuses in both Cornwall and Exeter.
The department has been at the fore-front of developing two major cross University research initiatives:
- Climate Change and Sustainable Futures (CCSF): CCSF research has three main themes: predicting climate change and its effects on ecosystems and human and animal health; developing technologies to mitigate these effects; and public attitudes and government policy to climate change.
- Humanities and Social Science (HASS): the HASS strategy is a focus for Exeter’s world-leading research across the humanities and social sciences, and Geography leads two core themes in Science, Technology and Culture, and Environment and Sustainability.
Research in the department is focussed around the following six research groups:
- Environment and Sustainability;
- Geographies of Creativity and Knowledge;
- Nature, Materialities and Biopolitics (NAMBIO);
- Spatial Responsibilities;
- Environmental Change and
- Landscape and Ecosystem Dynamics .
Research areas of particular strength include; Environment and Sustainability; Geographies of Creativity and Knowledge; Nature, Materialities and Biopolitics (NAMBIO); Spatial Responsibilities; Environmental Change and Landscape and Ecosystem Dynamics
Information for international students
We warmly welcome international students to all three of our beautiful campuses. At present 4,000 students from over 130 countries contribute to a thriving international community. Details of our academic and English language requirements, along with details of English language support can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter invests significantly in a range of funding opportunities for talented prospective postgraduates. Please visit www.exeter.ac.uk/scholarships for further details. Here you can search our database for funding opportunities suitable for your area of interest.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Research Degrees
- +44 (0)1392 723310