Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a mathematics, science or engineering subject, with significant mathematics content.
Months of entry
- Designed for those with a strong mathematical background looking to pursue a career in finance
- Gain financial expertise from the University of Exeter Business School alongside mathematical skills from our internationally respected Mathematics department
- Be prepared for careers in areas that require expert skills in mathematical and financial modelling, computational analysis and business management
- Develop essential, complementary skills in areas such as probability and stochastic analysis, option pricing, risk analysis and extremes, computational methods using MATLAB/C++, financial management and investment analysis
- Undertake a project in your chosen field, where you’ll develop your research, computational, and modelling skills with support from staff who have extensive experience working in multiple financial services and insurance industries.
The University of Exeter has an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds to a high standard, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position. All programmes are designed so you not only get a second to none education in your area of choice, but you also are equipped with the correct vocational skills to achieve success in the working world or in further study.
Information for international students
Overall score 6.5. No less than 6.0 in any section.
Overall score 90 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
58 with no less than 55 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
The University of Exeter is offering scholarships to the value of over £4 million for students starting with us in September 2021. Details of scholarships, including our Global Excellence scholarships and GREAT scholarships (British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign) for international fee paying students, can be found on our dedicated funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Taught Admissions
- +44 (0)1392 724061