Learn more via the entry requirements page.
Months of entry
We offer PhD supervision on a range of philosophical topics, especially philosophy of science (natural and social), philosophy of mind, social and political philosophy and social/applied ethics.
Some of our areas of study include:
- critical social theory
- history of German philosophy
- history and philosophy of biology
- philosophy and methodology of economics
- philosophical and social scientific issues relating to the Holocaust
- philosophical anthropology
- philosophy of emotions and embodied cognition
- philosophy of mind
- philosophy of science and technology
- social and political philosophy
- social/applied ethics
Critical social theory; History of German philosophy; History and philosophy of biology; Philosophy and methodology of economics;; Philosophical and social scientific issues relating to the Holocaust; Philosophical anthropology; Philosophy of emotions and embodied cognition; Philosophy of mind; Philosophy of science and technology; Social and political philosophy; Social/applied ethics; Wittgenstein.
Information for international students
If you are an international student, please visit our international equivalency pages to enable you to see if your existing academic qualifications meet our entry requirements.
English language requirements
Overall score 7.0 with a minimum score of 6.5 in the writing component and all other sections no less than 6.0.
Overall score 100 with minimum scores of 25 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
Pearson Test of English (Academic)
65 with no less than 58 in all communicative skills.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Social Sciences and International Studies
- +44(0) 1392 724490