Normally a 1st or 2:1 Honours degree (or international equivalent) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university.
Months of entry
This degree provides training in the diverse, vibrant, exciting and expanding field of Cultural Sociology.
Topics covered include:
- The major theories and theorists in cultural sociology, from the classics until today
- Culture’s relations to social orders and forms of individual and collective agency
- Culture and power
- Culture and everyday life
- Aesthetics and the human senses
- New sociologies of art and aesthetic life
You will explore a wide range of different research methods that are used for investigating the world in cultural-sociological ways.
Information for international students
If you are an international student, please visit our international equivalency pages to enable you to see if your existing academic qualifications meet our entry requirements.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the fees and funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Social Science and International Studies Read more at https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/sociology/culturalsociologyma/#Entry-requirements#LzQrJJkE3LUlo3x7.99
- +44 (0) 1392 723192