Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will have a second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent and at least three years’ experience at a professional managerial level (ideally in the healthcare sector) or as a senior clinical lead.
Alternatively, a minimum of five years’ management experience would be considered if no prior degree is held.
You will be in a role that supports the gathering of evidence required for the Senior Leader apprenticeship ‘standard’.
Individual employers may set additional selection criteria in discussion with the University.
Evidence must be provided of Level 2 English and Maths prior to end-point assessment.
For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Months of entry
- The University of Exeter’s Level 7 Senior Leader (Healthcare) Apprenticeship is underpinned by our successful PG Dip Healthcare Leadership and Management.
- Our Senior Leader (Healthcare) Apprenticeship will give high potential team members the tools to take responsibility for their organisation’s direction, vision and strategic intent.
- You can expect to gain the professional techniques required to inspire and guide the team you lead, to strive for the highest standards in the delivery of patient-focused healthcare within a demanding and progressive industry. You will develop as an able leader, equipped to contribute to your ethical, innovative and supportive healthcare culture.
- The apprenticeship is suitable for current and future senior leaders in Healthcare organisations of all sizes in the private, public or voluntary sector.
- Optional MSc in Healthcare Leadership and Management available via an additional top-up module
Information for international students
Further information for international students can be found on our dedicated international page.
Fees and funding
This is a Degree Apprenticeship which is funded entirely through an Employers’ Apprenticeship Levy.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)1392 727617