Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme is designed to help you understand how to determine values for claims to uncertain and risky payments such as company shares and dividends, financial derivatives, metals and commodities, and insurance claims, using fundamental principles from economics and finance.
- Asset Pricing & Investment will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of:
- theories and empirical characteristics of asset prices and their dynamics in financial markets
- the foundations of optimal portfolio theory
- how to implement and calibrate asset pricing models in a computer-based learning environment using empirical and econometric techniques.
- The acquired skills and knowledge on issues relevant to asset pricing and investments are essential for both institutional and individual investors participating in capital and money markets.
- You will receive training on Bloomberg software in the school's dedicated training suite which will provide hands on experience with asset pricing models.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited www.gla.ac.uk/schools/business/aboutus/accreditationsandrankings/
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School