2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics or finance, or a related discipline with at least four courses in economics and/or finance.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Banking & Financial Services is designed to develop expertise in topics relevant to the banking sector, and the provision and valuation of financial services. It is ideally suited for those who want a career in banking or financial management, and provides a thorough knowledge of the main components of commercial and investment banking in a dynamic economic environment which is governed by structural regime changes.
- This programme offers a range of courses focusing on areas such as corporate finance and modern theory of banking and finance, to enhance your understanding of how the banking system functions, its role for the economy and how it is regulated.
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of
- the theory of corporate finance
- the practicalities of the financial system in the international economy
- the role of price, money and interest rate fundamentals in determining exchange rates
- the organisation, management and regulation of financial markets, financial exchanges and financial service providers.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited www.gla.ac.uk/schools/business/aboutus/accreditationsandrankings/
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers training in the key areas of banking and financial services.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School