Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject and a minimum of 3 years managerial work experience
Months of entry
The Glasgow MBA will teach you the skills and tools needed to be a successful manager, which is only the beginning. The Glasgow MBA matches an ancient tradition of academic excellence with exposure to contemporary business practice. The international experience that our MBA provides will give you a broader perspective on the challenges facing future leaders and managers working in an ever changing world.
- This programme will help you to think critically. You will begin to question what you already know, stripping away preconceived ideas to develop better approaches to life and to business.
- You will benefit from the experience of world-class teaching. Our academics are invited to consult and research with organisations around the world, giving them first-hand insight into how organisations work.
- Teaching on the Glasgow MBA is at the cutting edge of business knowledge.
- The Glasgow MBA, which was founded in 1976, is AMBA accredited, and the School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The MBA is structured to enhance your personal and academic development.
The programme includes orientation and induction sessions ahead of the core courses to address your individual needs as you set out on the MBA programme.
The core courses are followed by specialist optional courses, allowing you to focus on the areas of learning that are most suited to your future career path. You will have the opportunity to follow one of three specialist tracks in Finance, Strategy or Marketing.
The programme finishes by offering you the considerable practical benefits of a consultancy project, as well as the in-depth and applied analysis of a dissertation.
In addition, a range of social, networking and guest speaker events run throughout the year to enhance your learning experience and to help you get the most out of your MBA.
An important part of the MBA is the team consulting project: an opportunity for you to put the theories you’ve learned during the programme into action.
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Business strategic management
- Strategic foresight
The courses on offer vary each year and are taught by a range of leading academics and practitioners, based on their research or personal experience of the corporate world. Previous courses have included:
- Business scenarios for consulting
- Business to business relationship management
- Company and market failure
- Corporate image, branding & communication
- Credibility & networks - Selling yourself and your organisation
- Entrepreneurial finance
- International financial analysis
- International strategy for multinational enterprise
- Project leadership & control
- The role of technology in innovative organisations
- Strategic human resource management
- Supply and logistics management
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. For applicants whose first language is not English, the University normally sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. Visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ for details.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School