2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in Economics, Finance, Development Studies or related discipline within Social Sciences and Humanities.
Your degree must contain 10% of credit bearing modules in Economics, Finance or statistics at 2:1 level of equivalent. Those who do not meet this coursework requirement may be considered if they have relevant work experience.
Months of entry
This exciting new Masters programme combines elements of our popular programmes, giving you the benefit of being exposed to a wide range of courses during the first semester, before having to choose your preferred path. In the second semester, you can then specialise in either finance (with a focus on developing countries) or development policy. The programme focuses on the economic analysis of issues primarily related to economic development and development policy.
MSc Economic Development (with Finance and Policy Pathways) aims to:
- Instil critical awareness of theories and practice within economic development, supported by the specialist knowledge gained through in-depth studies in the field of development, with an interdisciplinary focus
- Give you the opportunity, material and experiences to develop an appetite towards critical enquiry and investigation, and an applied focus in the areas of economic development
- Provide you with a skill base from which you can develop a curriculum, which supports you to actively engage in the labour market fields of economic development
- Build on and enhance appropriate graduate attributes, including a range of transferable and specialist skills, to increase your career prospects in the field of economic development and prepare you for further study
- It is ideally suited if you are interested in economic challenges and policies in developing countries. It is at the research frontier, with special attention devoted to the policy and practical implications of different theories.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details