2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme provides you with training in the key areas of financial analysis, forecasting and financial investment. It will provide you with an enhanced understanding of the underlying forces which drive financial markets and the relevant analytical tools you need to forecast time series and implement advanced trading strategies.
- Financial Forecasting & Investment will provide you with a detailed understanding of:
- the theory of optimal portfolios
- how to exploit available information to forecast future behaviour of stocks, interest and exchange rates
- theoretical models of time series and their empirical counterparts using data from real-world equity and derivatives markets
- how to determine fair values of financial products
- the mechanics of the price discovery process in stock exchanges.
- You will gain skills necessary to conduct advanced empirical analysis on equities and derivatives markets, which will enable you to manage portfolios to optimise clients' objectives.
- The Adam Smith Business School has a range of financial databases and computer labs. You will have access to a Bloomberg trading room to gain a practical experience of forecasting financial time series for the implementation of profitable trading strategies.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers training in the key areas of financial analysis, forecasting and financial investment.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School