2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, or other subjects with a substantial mathematics component.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme will help you develop an excellent understanding of statistics, along with advanced practical knowledge of financial markets. It will provide you with an enquiry-led understanding of interconnected subject areas in statistics and finance. It is ideally suited for graduates in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related discipline who wish to use their skills to pursue a career in finance.
- There is an increased demand for professionals who can apply mathematical and statistical skills in the financial environment. This Masters in Financial Modelling is intended to develop your skills in statistics and enable you to successfully apply them to complicated financial modelling.
- It is a research driven programme where you will develop a critical awareness of financial theories, models and how capital markets work, together with an understanding of the evolving and challenging areas of market behaviour, risk management and international banking.
- This programme combines the teaching strengths of the Statistics Group in the School of Mathematics & Statistics with the Adam Smith Business School’s accounting & finance department to develop and enhances your analytical, computation, evaluative and communication skills.
- You will develop an excellent understanding of probability, statistical inference, time series and R programming along with practical skills of financial statistics.
- You will be taught by academics who have internationally recognised research, as well as having access to Bloomberg terminals, prestigious financial databases and MATLAB.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Financial modelling integrates mathematical and statistical methods with advanced studies in finance. This Masters programme will provide you with an enquiry-led understanding of interconnected subject areas in mathematics, statistics and finance.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School