2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above), in subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Physics - or other subjects with a substantial mathematics component. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Financial modelling integrates mathematical and statistical methods with advanced studies in finance. This programme will provide you with an enquiry-led understanding of interconnected subject areas in mathematics, statistics and finance.
- The programme is designed to meet the needs of highly numerate graduates (principally graduates in mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related discipline) who wish to use their skills to pursue a career in finance.
- The Adam Smith Business School has graduates working in accounting and finance roles all over the world, in organisations like Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, Turner Broadcasting, KPMG, the United Nations, Coca Cola, Toyota, and PWC.
- Our staff have close connections to the accounting and finance profession. Many of our graduates have attained various positions in the financial sector, in industry and commerce, and in the public sector.
Teaching is through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials. On this programme, you will take eight core courses, one optional course and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on a finance-related theme, which will give you the flexibility to specialise based on your chosen area of interest.
- International capital markets
- Introduction to regression models
- Statistical inference
- Financial statistics
- Time series
- Risk management and derivative securities.
- International banking and financial markets
- Behavioural finance
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. For applicants whose first language is not English, the University normally sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. Visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ for details.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School