2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, or a related discipline such as finance, accounting or management, with at least three courses in economics or finance.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme provides you with an in depth understanding of the theory surrounding international financial systems and how they operate in practice. It is ideally suited for recent business graduates who want to pursue a career in banking or finance.
- International Banking & Finance will provide you with an excellent understanding of
- the Binomial and Black, Scholes and Merton models, computing Greeks for a variety of derivatives securities, pricing forward contracts, trading options and portfolio management using options and futures
- corporate finance, the functions of the securities markets and the optimal investment strategy
- how the three main elements of the financial systems operate: banks, the bond market, and the stock market
- how monetary policy is implemented, a review of the instruments available to central banks and the monetary transmission mechanism.
- We have dedicated Bloomberg terminals, prestigious financial databases and MATLAB for our postgraduate students. This will enable you to gain practical experience in order to analyse problems and assess the relevance of finance in real-life situations.
- You will develop the essential concepts, analytical skills and critical thinking you require to start or enhance your career in the banking and financial sector worldwide.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers interdisciplinary training on issues related to international banking and finance for a career in international finance within the international banking system, international corporations and appropriate public sector agencies such as central banks and ministries of finance.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School