2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management, marketing or commerce, or another relevant social science degree. Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in marketing, business strategy and statistical methods. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of entrepreneurship and business development are advised to apply for MSc Management with Enterprise and Business Growth.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
International Business will provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in international business, cross-cultural management and entrepreneurship in an international context.
- This programme is designed for students with talent, ambition and entrepreneurial flair, who would like to develop a career in international business development, international entrepreneurship or venture management.
- It combines developing entrepreneurial skills for business start-up and management skills for the international market place.
- You will learn about new venture creation and business start-up, business growth and be involved in international consultancy projects.
- In semester 2 you will get the opportunity to carry out a consultancy market research project for companies to advise them on the international market place.
- By the end of the programme you will be able to design and plan international strategies, identify opportunities and implement product development in cross cultural contexts.
- You will be taught by staff renowned for creative research on the internationalisation of small and medium-sized businesses, multinational enterprises, and international economics. Some of our lecturers are able to talk about their own research or business ventures when explaining theories to help aid your understanding of international business and entrepreneurship.
- You will have guest lectures from inspiring alumni who have used the degree to help them start their own business.
- Classes are small to facilitate an interactive learning environment.
- It is listed in the top 100 entrepreneurship programmes worldwide (Eduniversal, 2016).
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This specialist Masters programme provides you with advanced knowledge and capabilities in international business, cross-cultural management and international entrepreneurship.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions